Van joined Clyde & Co in the spring of 2015. He is a commercial lawyer specialising in transactional construction and subsidy control, public funding and procurement.
Van drafts, negotiates and provides advice on building contracts, professional team appointments, surety documentation and collateral warranties together with providing construction advice in relation to property acquisitions, disposals, tenancies and funding. He has advised on major private development schemes in London, Manchester and other regional areas. He acts for a wide range of clients from publicly listed companies and private developers to individuals, and he advises lending institutions on the construction aspects of development and acquisition financing.
Van assists clients with all aspects of regulated subsidy control advice and in public procurement. He has experience in non-contentious procurement work across a number of sectors, acting for both public and private sector clients.
- Transactional Construction – Advises private London based developer on construction contracts including building contracts and professional team appointments for commercial and industrial developments in Essex, Midlands and the west of England.
- Transactional Construction – Advises publicly listed Developer on construction contracts including professional team appointments and building contracts (both JCT and NEC forms) in respect of two residential regeneration schemes in Hampshire.
- Transactional Construction – Acted for publicly listed Developer and advised on construction contracts for a 3-building 360 unit residential development in central Manchester.
- Transactional Construction – Advised on construction contracts relating to office fit outs in various new leading London office developments. Advised leading London based medical laboratory pathology provider in the complete refurbishment of its central London laboratory facilities and the fit-out of its Manchester satellite location.
- State Aid – Acted for leading London based private developer and advised on procurement and public sector grant funding and state aid in relation to the redevelopment of a Grade II listed historical property in the north of England and negotiated the grant funding agreement with the local authority.
- State Aid – Acted for public sector client in relation to delivery of a project aimed at removing the complex barriers that prevent action to reduce carbon emissions and assist end users to reduce energy costs and energy use and to generate store and trade energy, reduce carbon emissions and develop new low carbon products and services.
- Procurement – Assisted in providing procurement advice and drafting contracts for outsourced employment providers, print service and facilities management providers for a leading public sector university.