Devika acts as Counsel and sits as Arbitrator in cases across a range of sectors, under the auspices of a variety of rules (ICC, ICSID, LCIA, SCC and UNCITRAL).
She has considerable experience of both commercial and investment treaty cases, advising multinationals, IOCs, NOCs and sovereign states.
Devika has broad sector experience of energy, mining and construction disputes. She is also a specialist in gas price review arbitrations and in relation to production sharing agreement disputes.
She speaks English (native), French, Italian and Greek.
Devika joined Clyde & Co as a partner in 2012. Before joining the firm, she was part of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer's international arbitration group (2006-2012) and previously trained and worked at Slaughter and May (2002-2006).
- Representing various European buyers of gas in price review arbitrations over the past 10 years
- Representing various sellers of LNG in price review arbitrations
- Representing the Tanzanian electricity provider (TANESCO) in ICSID annulment proceedings
- Advising an NOC in the Middle East on Production Sharing issues, Work Programs and Budgets, and pricing disputes
- Representing an international energy consortium in a welding dispute with its Main Works Contractor
- Counsel in a multi-billion dollar dispute with the Republic of a central Asian state including tax stability and cost recovery issues, and claims brought under the Energy Charter Treaty and various BITs
- Representing an Indian mining company in a dispute relating to an investment in Brazil
- Representing a French telecoms company in a dispute with a central African state relating to a failed project to install a mobile network
- Advising an oil major in respect of budget and tax disputes with the Russian Federation
- Representing a renewable energy producer in a construction dispute relating to a wood pellet plant
- Advising an oil major in relation to expropriation of its investment by a West African state
- Representing a European pharmaceuticals company in various disputes with contractual counterparts
- Advising a client in a dispute regarding an EPC contract for the design, construction, and commissioning of an LNG Terminal in Russia
- Acting for a US engineering and construction company against a Turkish contractor regarding defective construction work and unauthorised use of intellectual property
- Sitting as Arbitrator under the ICC and LCIA rules (both sole and panel appointments)