Gemma has advised on a number of corporate transactions, working with clients operating in the education, energy, healthcare, infrastructure, retail and consumer, and technology sectors.
Gemma is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Gemma worked at PwC Legal Middle East.
- Advising FourQuest Energy Group on its acquisition of an industrial equipment and manpower target group in the UAE.
- Advising the shareholders of Al Shirawi US Chillers on a 100 per cent sale of their regional and US chillers business to Dalkia (EDF Group).
- Advising the sellers in the sale of the business and assets of Dear Systems, spanning over four jurisdictions (UAE, US, Australia, and Sri Lanka), to Cin7.
- Advising a GCC investment house on its investment (through debt) into a last mile online delivery solutions business in the UAE.
- Advising a FinTech platform provider on its JV with a local bank in the UAE.
- Advising an international engineering and construction group in its acquisition of the business and assets of a steel manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising an international cinema group on its bid to acquire and subsequent acquisition of a large cinema chain in the UAE and Bahrain.
- Advising the sellers on the sale of their UAE business (a manufacturing and supply of staging and exhibition stands business) to an international events turnkey solutions provider.
- Advising the sellers in respect of the sale of the Kee Safety Group, a global distributor of health and safety protective equipment and tools business (consisting of around 40 entities in eight countries), through a competitive bidding process to a private equity firm.
- Advising a national private equity house, Palatine Private Equity, on its investment into and acquisition of TTC Group.
- Advising on the pre-sale restructuring of Collcap Group Ltd, an international packaging manufacturer and subsequent sale to Quadpack Industries SA.
*Experience gained prior to joining Clyde & Co.