Popular search terms
Click each term for related articles
Jeffrey is an Associate in the Singapore office. His practice focuses on corporate investigations, regulatory compliance, and commercial litigation.
Jeffrey is currently an Associate in the Singapore office and was called to the Singapore bar in 2016. He is also admitted as an Australian lawyer by the Supreme Court of Victoria.
His practice focuses on corporate investigations, regulatory compliance, and commercial dispute resolution. Jeffrey advises and assists clients in the conduct of corporate investigations into corruption, employee misconduct and fraud, as well as their interactions with law enforcement and regulatory bodies. He has represented clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts, and regularly acts for clients in commercial disputes, including shareholder disputes, contractual claims, and employment disputes.
Jeffrey also has extensive experience acting for individuals and corporations in a wide spectrum of other matters, including regulatory offences, civil litigation, and white-collar criminal defence work. In addition, he has also acted for regulatory bodies as prosecuting counsel, and for individuals as defence counsel, in connection with professional disciplinary matters.
• Advised and assisted a major multinational corporation in the conduct of internal investigations into the activities of its employee, involving complex multi-jurisdictional issues of fraud, bribery, corruption, and tax evasion, as well as the reporting obligations arising therefrom
• Advised and assisted a major multinational pharmaceutical corporation in the conduct of cross-border corporate investigations into the activities and actions of employees of its foreign office, in relation to alleged misappropriation of assets, bribery, corruption, and pervasive breaches of compliance policies
• Acted for an established commercial supplier of food products at trial, who was charged with 33 charges of corruption-related offences in connection with the supply of food products to a restaurant
• Acted for an individual who was the subject of multiple criminal charges in connection with the alleged operation of a multimillion-dollar illegal moneylending business
• Acted for a licensed foreign law practice and its director at trial in the High Court and before the Court of Appeal, in relation to a series of complex claims pertaining to trust assets worth approximately SGD 30 million
• Acted for the shareholders and directors of a company in relation to a dispute concerning share ownership and breaches of directors’ duties
• Advised and assisted a multinational pharmaceutical corporation in relation to the termination of employees for gross misconduct
• Acted for a Singapore-based entity that was part of a multinational group of companies engaged in mining and minerals trading, in relation to claims for the supply of ore amounting to approximately USD 8 million
• Advising a prominent Bruneian bank in relation to disputes arising out of software and licensing agreements
Regulatory & Investigations