Michael Kinton concentrates his practice primarily in the area of insurance coverage, ranging from long-tail environmental claims under commercial general liability policies to class actions under the Massachusetts standard automobile insurance policy. He represents insurance company clients in complex matters involving claims for coverage under insurance policies, bad faith allegations, class action claims and reinsurance disputes. Michael’s experience includes construction-related litigation, and product liability claims and suits.
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- US Courts of Appeals for the First and Second Circuits
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2011
- B.A., cum laude, Northeastern University, 2008
- Obtained denial of class certification in Chapter 93A coverage action against insurer under auto policy and dismissal of plaintiff’s direct claim following trial. Obtained affirmance of trial court’s decision on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer in long-tail environmental coverage action. Obtained affirmance of trial court’s decision on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer on all of plaintiff’s causes of action, including for breach of contract, violations of Chapter 93A and class certification, in connection with claim for coverage under auto policy.