Terry is a qualified solicitor of England and Wales and predominantly advises on contentious aspects of construction law, with a particular focus on arbitration.
He has experience in different construction sectors, including plant, infrastructure and building projects.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Terry completed client secondments on high profile projects in Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and is fluent in both Korean and English.
- Advising a tier one contractor in relation to its entitlement to an extension of time under the contract and Saudi law in respect of a government project in Riyadh.
- Acting on behalf of a tier one contractor in defending a LCIA arbitration claim initiated by the MEP subcontractor in relation to the construction of a luxury hotel in Dubai.
- Representing an international contracting company in a AED 534 million dispute relating to an international airport project in the Gulf.
- Acting on behalf of a tier one contractor in defending a DIFC-LCIA arbitration claim initiated by the MEP subcontractor in relation to the construction of a residential building in Abu Dhabi.
- Assisting a tier one contractor in a project counsel role. Primarily responsible for preparing project correspondence and defending claims from the MEP subcontractor in relation to a major commercial office building in Dubai.
- Acting as in-house counsel for a tier one Japanese contractor responsible for constructing two mega power stations in South Africa. Primarily responsible for managing the main subcontract account and preparing / defending claims against the subcontractor.
- Advising a Spanish consortium in preparing an extension of time and additional cost claim against the employer on a high speed rail project in Saudi Arabia.