Jackie’s experience includes advising and defending re/insurers and their insureds on coverage and liability issues across a range of business lines such as cyber, medical malpractice, financial services and marine insurance. Jackie also works with the International Trade & Transportation disputes team, advising and assisting with disputes and regulatory queries with a marine focus for regional and international clients.
- Medical Mal-practice in the GCC - Providing pre-litigation claims servicing to reinsurers and direct insurers for medical malpractice claims involving hospitals, clinics and centres across the UAE and GCC.
- Professional indemnity claim in the DIFC Courts - Assisting in defending and negotiating the settlement of a claim in the DIFC Courts against an insured international audit firm.
- Professional indemnity claims before Dubai courts - Advising reinsurers under a professional indemnity policy on coverage and liability issues relating to local court proceedings before the Dubai Courts against an accounting firm incorporated in the GCC.
- Subrogated Recovery action in Qatar - Acting for reinsurers and local insurers in a subrogated recovery action following a fire in a shopping centre in Qatar.
- Technical Defects Counterclaim - Defending a UAE-based telecommunication and subsea installation and repair services company in a DIAC arbitration with respect to a technical defects counterclaim arising out of a ship-building contract.
- Subrogated cargo loss claim in London - Acting for insurers before the High Court of London with respect to a marine cargo loss claim in relation to a number of subrogated recoveries arising out of damage to consignments of plywood.
- Marine insurance regulatory assistance - Advising and assisting an international fixed premium insurer on the UAE's regulatory marine insurance requirements, including liaising with and attending meetings with the Federal Insurance Authority and Federal Transport Authority.
- Regulatory and licening requirements for freight sale - Advising an internationally incorporated natural resources company on regulatory and licensing requirements for freight sale and the purchase of goods in Qatar.
- Unpaid hire arbitration claims - Acting for various vessel owners in LMAA arbitration proceedings with respect to unpaid hire claims.
- Marine insurance coverage advice - Advising London reinsurers under a marine, hull & machinery policy on coverage issues following the detention of insured vessels in the Arabian Gulf.