Joseph is an associate in the Dar es Salaam office. He predominantly works in the Intellectual Property and Corporate Departments. Joseph has an LLB from Mzumbe University. Joseph joined Clyde & Co as a trainee in October 2022, prior to which, he trained with local law firms in Tanzania.
- Liaising and being the main point of contact at the Tanzania Trademark Office at the Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) and all other Government agencies and institutions.
- Advising various clients on Intellectual Property matters as well as preparing the relevant documents for registration of Trade & Service Mark(s) in Mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar.
- Advising on various company secretarial services in Tanzania.
- Advising and assisting various foreign companies with organising their statutory fillings at the Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) and Tanzania Regulatory Authority.
- Advising clients on various aspects of company formation and post incorporation matters.
- Advising local and international companies on various aspects of Tanzanian contract law.
- Advising and assisting various companies to establish their business in Tanzania.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and Government agencies / offices within the energy, infrastructure, mineral, banking & finance sectors.
- Assisting with drafting memoranda of advice on offering Takaful products in Tanzania.
- Assisting with drafting memoranda of advice on various mining, corporate, data protection, foreign currency, insurance law matters, and land queries.