Randall’s main areas of practice range widely and include, inter alia, general corporate, mergers & acquisitions, private equity funds, corporate restructuring, employment law, corporate and commercial advisory work and corporate secretarial matters.
Randall is a member of the Singapore Law Society and his experience in corporate work extends to representing clients with interests in foreign jurisdictions.
He has been involved in advising on, and drafting and reviewing of, share sale and purchase agreements, business asset sale and purchase agreements, transnational collaborative agreements, shareholder agreements, fund management agreements, multicurrency debt issuance programme agreements and related documents, and the voluntary takeover of a Singapore listed public company.
Randall graduated from the University of Bristol in 2015 with Honours, and was admitted to the Singapore Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor in 2017.
- China Titanium Resources Holdings Ltd.: Advised on the company’s investment in the Orokolo Bay Industrial Sands Project in Papua New Guinea. The deal concerned the provision of US$25 million in funding for up to a 49% stake in Mayur Resources Ltd’s industrial mineral sands mining subsidiary.
- Tapestry, Inc.: Acted for the NASDAQ-listed company, a New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands, in a multi-jurisdictional asset-purchase transaction. The matter involved subsidiary entities purchasing assets and acquiring employees and leases from their third party distributors in Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
- Jollibee Foods Corporation: Advised the corporation on a joint venture with a Singapore-based company to own and operate the first Jollibee store in Europe. The deal involved incorporation of a Singapore joint venture company, which in turn incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary in Italy to own and operate the store there, with Jollibee retaining full management control of the store under the joint venture structure.
- Global Premium Hotels Limited: Advised the company, a Singapore Stock Exchange main board listed company and owner of the Fragrance Hotel chain, on the voluntary takeover of shares by JK Global Capital Pte. Ltd., an investment holding company. The voluntary cash offer was valued at approximately S$383.98 million.
- Major Online Travel Services Provider: Advised the China-based group on the proposed acquisition of the shares of a leading South-East Asian online travel and ticketing agency. The matter involved coordinating with local counsel in multiple South-East Asian jurisdictions, including Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Global Aerospace Corporation: Advised the Europe-based corporation on Singapore regulatory and compliance matters, including Singapore law issues with their whistleblowing protocols. The work involved coordinating with European office colleagues to implement the whistleblowing system for the client in a multi-jurisdictional matter involving 49 jurisdictions globally.
- Leading Global Automaker: Advised the group on the Singapore aspects of a multinational implementation of their whistleblowing policy. The matter involved more than 90 jurisdictions around the world, and comprised of advice on data protection as well as data privacy issues.
- Singapore Stock Exchange Mainboard Listed Company: Advised the company, on a retainer basis, with respect to a variety of corporate and capital markets matters, including, without limitation, advising on the grant of options under the company’s employee share option scheme, the transfer of convertible bonds, and the adoption and renewal of its share buy-back mandate.
- Leading International Petrochemicals Group: Advising the group, on a retainer basis, in relation to various Singapore corporate and transactional matters, including trade finance, trade and commodities matters, as well as other services arrangements with banks and finance institutions.
- Global Provider of Turnkey Solar Parks: Advised the company, which has a presence in Germany, Abu Dhabi, Romania, Singapore and the United States of America, on a retainer basis, in relation to various corporate matters which includes, without limitation, regulatory advisory work, restructuring, drafting of various agreements and corporate secretarial matters.
- Prominent International School: Acted as Singapore counsel, on an on-going basis, for the international school and their charitable trust with respect to a variety of matters ranging from drafting agreements and deeds, providing extensive advisory work, assisting with regulatory and compliance matters, as well as corporate secretarial requirements.
- Major Local Private Education Institution: Advising the institution, on an ongoing basis, in relation to various corporate and commercial matters, including, among other things, advising on various collaboration agreements with overseas education institutions, and other agreements with service providers.
- Singapore Government Authority: Assisted a Singapore government authority with its tender for outsourced chief investment officers for its superannuation fund. The work involved drafting and reviewing conditions of contract and binding tender documents containing, among other things, investment management terms.
- Foreign Domiciled Fund: Advised the fund on its Singapore-specific supplementary documents, which included, among other things, the supplement to prospectus and other necessary accompanying documents to the Singapore “wrapper”.
- Foreign Domiciled Fund: Advised the fund, with sub-funds registered as foreign restricted schemes in Singapore, on the issuance of marketing materials.
- Cryptographic Token Issuers: Advised multiple clients on their intended issuance of cryptographic tokens, including, without limitation, issuing legal opinions on whether the tokens constitute securities under Singapore law.