Wen Yi is an Associate and member of the Projects and Construction team at Clasis LLC.
Wen Yi has advised on multi-million dollar construction disputes in the Singapore High Court and on arbitrations governed by the VIAC and SIAC Rules. She has provided a range of detailed and integrated advice on various aspects of infrastructure project development in Singapore, Vietnam, Mongolia and Taiwan, and dealt with complex claims and issues relating to termination, variation works, delays, and performance bonds, among others.
Wen Yi is admitted as a solicitor in Singapore. She is effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Acting for a Korean contractor in a Vietnam International Arbitration Centre arbitration against a Vietnamese government entity in respect of multi-million dollar claims for prolongation costs arising out of a major railway project in Vietnam.
- Acting for a joint venture consisting of a Korean contractor and an Italian contractor in a dispute adjudication proceeding against a Vietnamese government entity in respect of multi-million dollar claims for prolongation costs and termination issues arising out of a major railway project in Vietnam.
- Acting for a Mongolian company in a ICC arbitration seated in Paris against its Chinese contractor in respect of defects arising out of the construction of a greenfield cement plant in Mongolia.
- Acting for an investor in an SIAC arbitration in respect of a convertible loan agreement relating to business activities in Vietnam.
- Acted for various corporations in making and/or defending claims in adjudication proceedings brought under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- Advised a Taiwanese contractor on termination issues relating to a multi-million offshore wind power project in Taiwan.