Alison joined Clyde & Co in 2019 as an associate in the Insurance Financial and Professional Disputes team in the London office. She advises insurers and a range of insured professionals including solicitors, architects and SIPP providers in the defence of professional negligence claims, and is instructed by insurers to provide advice on a range of coverage issues.
Alison also has significant experience in complex commercial disputes and arbitration, both in the UK and internationally.
- Defending claims and complaints made to the Financial Ombudsman Service against a large SIPP provider, and a concurrent contribution claim brought by an IFA
- Advising insurers on coverage issues arising from a claim made against an asset management company for breach of the Quincecare duty brought by a high-net-worth individual
- Defending a claim brought against a broker for alleged secret profits relating to insurance covering a group of hotels in the Caribbean
- Successfully judicially reviewing a decision on behalf of insurers to assist with the enforcement in the UK of a multi-million pound judgment originally obtained in the USA
- Acting on behalf of a commodities asset management company in relation to arbitration proceedings brought against them
- Representing a large corporation in an international investor/state arbitration