Anne-Marie is a senior associate in the firm’s Insurance, Professional and Financial Disputes team in Manchester.
She has been with the firm since 2008 and has over 30 years’ experience in defending professional negligence claims and regulatory investigations/prosecutions against a broad range of professionals, including solicitors, barristers, accountants, financial advisers, surveyors and insurance brokers.
She also has extensive experience of advising and acting for insurers on full range of policy coverage disputes.
- Defending claim and subsequent appeal against a firm of solicitors relating to alleged negligent drafting of a joint venture agreement.
- Acting for barrister in investigation by the BSB arising from complaint alleging a fraud allegation had been pleaded and pursued in proceedings without any proper basis for doing so.
- Defending claim against accountant in multi-party litigation arising out of the management buyout of a large PLC.
- Advising and representing IFA in an investigation by the FCA relating to pension transfers and multiple related FOS complaints.
- Defending claim against LPA receiver by former business owner for alleged sale of properties at an undervalue.
- Representing insurers in an arbitration relating to policy cover under a solicitor’s professional indemnity policy for claims arising out of a failed offshore investment scheme.
- Representing solicitors in SRA investigation relating to inappropriate social media posts.
- Defending solicitor before the SDT in prosecution relating to acting for seller and buyer in conveyancing transactions.
- Acting for solicitor in application to set aside intervention into practice.