Bobby joined the firm in 2019, having spent the rest of his qualified career at a notable insurance litigation firm. He is a graduate of The University of Edinburgh.
His practice is focused in the All-Scotland Sheriff Personal Injury Court and the Court of Session, although he has appeared for defenders in a significant breadth of Sheriff Courts across Scotland. Bobby is well-versed in both volume and complex high-value matters. He has experience of acting as lead solicitor for defenders in cases with an alleged value of over one million pounds He has also acted in property damage, road traffic, credit hire, disease and commercial cases.
- Bobby was the principal agent for the defender in the successful case of John McCourt v Chivas Brothers  SC Edin 18.
- Bobby has successfully overseen the abandonment of many court actions over the years, often following candid settlement meetings with opposing Counsel.
- Bobby successfully negotiated settlement of a six-figure employer’s liability litigation at approximately 25% of the claim’s potential value on the evidence presented.
- Bobby had an action dismissed, insofar as it was directed against his client’s policyholder, following a contentious hearing against Counsel on whether or not the correct entity had been sued.
- Bobby successfully obtained an order under Section 217 of the Enterprise Act 2002 prohibiting two companies and their director from carrying on or purporting to carry on property factoring businesses.
- Bobby acted for a local authority in a Court of Session dispute concerning whether or not the terms of its Local Development Plan were adequate.
- Bobby acted for a social care provider in a claim concerning the assault of an employee by one of its service users. He successfully dissuaded a claimant from litigating in another similar case.
- Bobby settled a million-pound litigation, in which a functional neurological disorder and permanent inability to work were alleged, for £50,000.