A young and highly ambitious lawyer. Handles various areas of law including oil and gas, mining, corporate, commercial and employment matters as well as managing the CSR program. An author, founder of a trust for visually impaired children and winner of the Tanzania Young Professionals Award 2013.
Margareth advises clients on various areas of law ranging from corporate and commercial; employment; project and construction, mining, insurance to oil & gas among others. She is also the project manager in various transactions and heads the CSR program including providing pro bono legal advice. Margareth has an LL.B from the University of Leeds and a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania.
• Advising a large entity on general Tanzanian law in relation to setting up an entity, regulatory framework, employment, immigration and acquisition of assets from a telecommunication company in Tanzania.
• Advising various oil and gas companies on the setting up of a liquefied natural gas plant in Tanzania.
• Advising foreign investors on the benefits of investing in Tanzania including those under the Tanzania Investment Centre and the export and special processing zones.
• Advising Chinese companies on joint ventures with with Tanzanian utility companies.
• Advising American and Brazilian clients on various queries in relation to the construction industry in Tanzania and the region.
• Advising various international insurance companies on Tanzanian insurance law.
• Advising clients on various debt collection matters.
• Advising and conducting due diligence on the acquisition of various Tanzanian companies.
Conducting company secretarial services including preparing annual returns, filing relevant forms at the companies registry, attending board and shareholder meetings among others
Advising on various employment matters including regulatory requirements and drafting employment contracts among others.
Employment, Pensions & Immigration
Projects & Construction
Regulatory & Investigations