Sanjee Maharaj; Associate, Construction and Projects Department; Johannesburg, 3 years PQE. Experience in construction disputes. Joined Clyde and Co in July 2021.
Experience in construction, engineering and infrastructure disputes.
- Various construction disputes at the Medupi and Kusile Power Station based on the FIDIC Yellow Book involving delay and disruption claims.
- Acted for an industrial company within the power and energy sector in an action for payment on a certified payment certificate based on the NEC3 and the time barring claims in respect of the dispute resolution provisions.
- Acted against a large insurance company in relation to resisting payment on a construction guarantee on the basis of an allegation of fraud, for the amount of 37 million rand.
- Acted for a building contractor against a division of a state entity for the enforcement of an adjudicator’s determination at the Supreme Court of Appeals in Bloemfontein.
- Acted for a contractor against an employer in various adjudications in relation to the validity of the procedure regarding compensation events and certification of payment based on the NEC3.
- Acting as Plaintiff for a large construction company trading in Dubai in an arbitration for certain extension of time claims and various additional claims in respect of water ingress issues as well as other delay causing events in the amount of AED 446 million.