Stephen is a corporate lawyer who has been working in the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region since 2009. Stephen's practice primarily focuses on M&A, joint ventures, business/asset purchases, FDI, commercial contracts and corporate structuring.
Stephen advises a wide range of clients including SMEs, public and private companies as well as government and government related entities, both regionally and internationally. He has significant experience of advising clients particularly in the manufacturing, aviation, oil & gas, defence and technology/IT sectors.
Stephen is part of Clyde & Co's core education team and has specific experience of advising educational institutions and providers on corporate/commercial matters.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Stephen worked as in-house counsel in the UAE for a multinational construction company headquartered in Europe which enables him to understand the business needs of his clients and to provide practical solutions to real commercial issues within a regional context.
Stephen is admitted as a solicitor in the Republic of Ireland and England & Wales. He is also highly proficient in German.
- Abu Dhabi government related entity: advising on a partial acquisition and joint venture of a defence sector company from its existing shareholders with a view to developing, manufacturing and selling a new weapons system.
- Leading UAE investment company: advising on the partial acquisition and subsequent joint venture arrangements with its current Kuwaiti owner of a leading specialist provider of logistics and transportation services operating across the Middle East.
- Key Abu Dhabi government related entity: advising on the disposal of three transport related subsidiaries to another major Abu Dhabi government related entity.
- Major Abu Dhabi government related entity: advising on the reorganisation of its corporate governance structure and drafting/implementing new policies and procedures.
- Kingspan Group plc: advising the Irish listed company and a leading manufacturer of a range of products for the construction industry, on its strategic acquisition of Rigidal Industries LLC, a leading Middle Eastern manufacturer of composite panels and roofing systems based in Dubai.
- UK private limited company: advising in relation to the disposal of shares in an Abu Dhabi registered company which provides a wide range of parking and traffic management services throughout the UAE and MENA region.
- Safar Gas & Oil Field Services: advising in relation to the client's operations in the UAE, Iraq, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, on the disposal of the business to Theodor Wille Intertrade (TWI), a leading provider of expeditionary supply chain solutions.
- Range of clients: advising on the establishment options and licensing issues both onshore and offshore in the UAE.
- A number of international clients: advising on establishment and structuring issues in the UAE defence sector including offsets programme considerations.