Zaheer focuses on corporate and commercial law, including crafting and interpreting various forms of commercial contracts and agreements for different types of entities, mergers & acquisitions, transaction advisory, regulatory compliance reviews, regulatory license applications, financial service regulation, commercial arrangements, e-commerce, data privacy law and corporate governance.
Zaheer has assisted clients in various industries including financial services, telecommunications, real estate, petroleum, insurance, consumer brands, finance, hospitality, mining and construction.
- Assisted a major commercial bank with respect to an Over-the-counter Derivatives Provider License application in terms of section 6(8) of the Financial Markets Act
- Assisted in providing advice on the legal framework surrounding Special Purpose Acquisition Companies
- Assisted in advising a commercial bank on the interpretation of its Deposit Investment Account Agreement and the consequences of disinvestment
- Assisted in advising a foreign company on the legal and regulatory framework applicable to exporting 12 aircraft from South Africa to the foreign country
- Advising insurance and insure-tech companies on commercial transactions and drafting various forms of commercial contracts including licensing, outsourcing, services and technology related agreements
- Assisted in advising a branch of a foreign reinsurer on various aspects of company and regulatory law
- Assistance and advisory to companies in diverse sectors, on various aspects of company and commercial law, including commercial agreements, resolutions, corporate governance and the King IV Code, partnership dissolutions and restructuring.
- Assistance and advisory to companies in diverse sectors including the revision and review of memoranda of incorporation and shareholder agreements, interpretation of lease and franchise agreements, and data privacy pursuant to the Protection of Personal Information Act