Melanie Ng advises clients on complex civil litigation matters with a focus on products liability, general liability, and catastrophic personal injury cases. Her legal experience includes her prior work as a maritime law clerk and civil procedure research assistant.
Melanie ran cross-country and track at the University of South Carolina and was a four-time varsity letter-winner for the Gamecocks. She continues to run competitively in her free time.
Before matriculating to law school, Melanie volunteered with Seeds of Hope, a Perú-based non-profit organization that provides free tutoring to underprivileged school children in the Peruvian highlands. Melanie also speaks Spanish proficiently.
- North Carolina
- US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2021. Student-Attorney, Human Rights Clinic. International & Comparative Law Review. Civil Procedure Dean’s Fellow and Research Assistant. Paul & Terrance Dee Memorial Endowed Scholarship and Dean’s Merit Scholarship. First Generation Law Association, Collegiate Athlete Legal Society, and Miami Law Women.
- B.S.B.A., magna cum laude, International Business and Economics, University of South Carolina Honors College, Darla Moore School of Business, 2017. International Business Student Advisory Committee. Beta Gamma Sigma.
B.A., magna cum laude, Spanish, University of South Carolina Honors College, College of Arts and Sciences, 2017. President of Sigma Delta Pi and Gamecock Spanish Club.
- Studied abroad, Universidad de Chile, Facultad de Economía y Negocios in Santiago de Chile, 2016
- Studied abroad, Universidad de Granada, Centro de Lenguas Modernas in Andalucía, Spain, 2015
- Assisted with partial summary judgment for cruise line in trip-and-fall case.
- Assisted with dismissal of cruise line subsidiary for lack of personal jurisdiction.