Rizwan specialises in corporate law and has experience in advising on complex cross-border transactions in the oil & gas, mining, trading, transport and logistic sectors.
Rizwan advises clients of all business sizes from small and medium size institutions to multinational corporations providing them with a comprehensive full legal service. He has also assisted a large number of clients across all industries in connection with setting up and franchising their business in Saudi Arabia.
With over 12 years' experience in the market, five of which are in Saudi Arabia, specialising in all aspects of corporate matters including foreign direct investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, joint ventures, and investment funds.
- Advising on oil and gas joint ventures in the Middle East and West Africa
- Advising an international oil and gas exploration and development company listed on the National Stock Exchange of Australia in relation to the placing of its shares
- Acting for a mineral exploration and development company with significant iron ore and base metal interests in West Africa. Providing advice on a range of matters including a conditional strategic agreement with a large Chinese state-owned corporation, advice on off-take agreements and a reverse takeover of an AIM listed company
- Advising an energy and chemical company on the divestment of its business interests in Dubai
- Advising one of the five biggest multimodal freight forwarding transport companies in Asia and Europe on a broad range of matters in relation to entering into a joint venture and setting up a UK subsidiary
- Acting for a leading commodities merchant. Providing advice on the sale of a Russian sugar factory and advising on a joint venture in Russia
- Acting for a multinational freight forwarding, transport and logistics business in relation to the sale of its metals business to one of the world's largest commodity traders
- General corporate, corporate finance and commercial work