Charlie acts for airlines, helicopter operators, airports and handling agents in all aspects of aviation liability and insurance. His experience includes the handling of hull, baggage, cargo, passenger, personal injury, reinsurance and subrogation claims.
He also has a varied experience in drafting and advising various air carriers on their conditions of carriage, handling matters involving EU consumer rights legislation, such as EC Regulation 261/2004, in the field of aviation law, advising on commercial aviation agreements, such as sales, catering, aircraft lounge and ground handling agreements, and representing and assisting air carriers with aspects of criminal law such as cabin crew intoxication and firearms mishandling.
Charlie trained with Clyde & Co and possesses over 10 years' experience in the aviation industry with multi-jurisdictional experience and a particular focus on the UK, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
- Acting for reinsurers of the UK's largest airport in connection with an airside collison between a B747 aircraft and a fire engine
- Drafting and advising various air carriers on their conditions of carriage including that of a specifically chartered B747 for a well-known international rock band for their world tour.
- Advising reinsurers of a middle eastern carrier following a constructive total loss to an Airbus A321 as a result of a fire
- Successfully defending an airline in the English Courts in relation to a claim for personal injury brought by a business class passenger upon disembarkation
- Representing reinsurers in subrogation claims against airports for bird strikes amongst other aviation incidents
- Conducted witness familiarisation for a US airline in preparation for a criminal trial involving cabin crew intoxication
- Represented and assisted a US airline with MET Police interviews following alleged firearm mishandling by its ramp agents
- Advising reinsurers as to the prospects of success on subrogation following an incorrect aircraft engine tie down during transportation
- Acting on behalf of reinsurers in respect of ongoing litigation before the Federal Court of Justice in Germany relating to the Atlas Air crash at Düsseldorf Airport
- Advising air carriers regarding consumer law, including EC Regulation 261/2004