Luis Enrique has a double degree in Law and Business Administration, both achieved with honours at Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Luis Enrique focuses on litigation, including both domestic and international claims, and actively deals with litigious and non-litigious proceedings. He particularly focuses in the areas of construction, insurance coverage disputes, product liability, energy, fires, machinery breakdown, fraud, tort law and professional indemnity. He advises clients at the pre-litigation stages and on out-of-court settlements.
He also has wide experience in proceedings before all kind of Spanish Courts. His experience in dispute resolution includes not only litigation but also monitoring international claims and working with lawyers and experts from other jurisdictions.
In addition, Luis Enrique is a teacher at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE) in the Company Law Master Programme.
- Dealing with a policy coverage dispute concerning a fire in a waste management plant located in the south of the US
- Advising both the insurers and the insured and monitoring the defence of a claim regarding a large loss in a combined cycle power plant in Santo Domingo
- Acting for insurers in respect of a large loss regarding a train collision in Spain
- Advising a Brazilian airline in respect of passengers’ claims arising from a plane accident when it was flying over Fortaleza
- Advising and representation of Lloyds Syndicates with regard to professional liability insurance
- Advising and representation of insurers and reinsurers in respect of a dispute concerning coverage under a ten-year construction damages policy of a collapse of the warehouse of an IBEX-35 company
- Acting for insurers in respect of claims concerning losses in solar power and photovoltaic plants
- Advising the insurers and monitoring a claim brought in UK against a Spanish insurer regarding a major car accident that took place in Spain
- Acting for insurers in recovery proceedings against the ship-owners and the captain concerning a shipping loss in the North of Spain
- Advising and representation of insurers regarding various product liability cases, including cases relating to airbags, bottle caps, aluminum sandwich panels, irrigation systems, pipelines, and hair dye products, among others.