Bryce is an Associate in the Energy, Marine and Natural Resources (EMNR) group in our Sydney office and has been with the firm since 2019.
As part of the marine team, Bryce acts for leading ship owners, insurers and other companies in the maritime industry. He has specialised experience in large-scale commercial disputes and investigations. Bryce’s advice and support to his clients enables them to respond effectively in complex litigation proceedings. He also has a strong grounding in commissions of inquiry and class actions, rounding out his expertise in dispute resolution.
Before joining the EMNR team, Bryce worked in the WHS and Construction teams in the Sydney office. He assisted clients involved in WHS prosecutions and provided regulatory advice on future compliance. He has also assisted the Construction teams in the Sydney and Perth offices in disputes relating to construction defects and delays.
- Commercial Disputes – Successfully responded to a commission of inquiry in New South Wales between a publicly listed conglomerate and multiple government entities which resulted in an overwhelmingly positive finding for the client.
- Commercial Disputes – Successfully defending a multi-million dollar class action claim in the Federal Court of Australia for a publicly listed conglomerate operating in the cruise line industry for alleged tortious misconduct leading to personal injury.
- Commercial Disputes – Assisted Sydney and Perth construction teams in complex dispute regarding alleged defect in wind turbine effecting business operating large wind farms in Western Australia.
- Marine – Assisting in maritime dispute regarding multi-million dollar tender contract for obtaining port pilots for Queensland port.
- Marine – Successfully supported international marine insurer in regards to BIMCO clause dispute, achieving a positive result for the client.
- Marine – Successfully defending a leading ship owner against a regulatory investigation from a Federal government department for alleged non-compliance with reporting standards.
- Marine – Effectively assisted senior lawyers in defending large maritime company against Department of Public Prosecutions for alleged strict liability offence.
- Regulatory and Investigations – Successfully supported one of the largest automobile manufacturers by market share in responding to external investigation.
- Regulatory and Investigations - Successfully defending a leading ship owner against a regulatory investigation from a Federal government department for alleged non-compliance with reporting standards.