Chadi is a senior M&A and corporate commercial partner who divides his time between the UAE and Saudi Arabia. He is a member of the Middle East and Africa Corporate practice with over 22 years of legal experience, including 12 years based in the Middle East.
Chadi represents sovereign entities, multinational companies, financial institutions, investors, and sponsors in a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, restructurings and projects. He also advises clients on policy, regulatory, governance matters, and reporting obligations affecting corporates operating or headquartered in the Middle East.
Chadi is frequently lauded by leading legal directories. Chambers Global noted that “he has an impressive practice advising on energy projects and investment matters”; clients say that he is “a great pleasure to work with and combines depth of knowledge with dedication,” that he “has a deep understanding of what drives and sustains a business and as a result his advice is consistently sound and practical” and that “in a very short time it was like working with a team, he felt like a colleague very quickly.” The Legal 500 noted that clients say he combines “solid legal and business judgment with very strong analytical and negotiating skills.”
- Advising Zaad Capital on its AED 150 million sale of 75 per cent of Basatin Landscaping to Aldar Properties PJSC, the Abu Dhabi based property development, management, and investment company.
- Advising a group of EMEA and Asian venture capital investors led by Knuru Capital on their Series A Investment in The Giving Movement, a UAE-based sustainable Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) e-commerce brand.
- Advising a group of investors on the acquisition of a corporate trade bank based in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
- Advising a venture capital investor in the technology sector across the GCC, Africa and Southern Europe on its investment in a mobile retail platform.
- Advising a group of private equity investors led by TVM Capital Healthcare Partners and Olayan Financing Company on the sale of Cambridge Medical and Rehabilitation Center. The transaction won M&A Team of the Year at the 2022 Middle East Legal Awards hosted by Law.com International.
- Advising a leading Asian sovereign wealth fund on a multi-billion-dollar oil pipeline sale-and-leaseback in the Middle East.
- Advising a global investment and advisory firm on the acquisition of a joint venture between it and a leading UAE investment group with a diverse portfolio of interests.
- Advising a global e-commerce, technology and logistics company in connection with corporate transactions aimed at streamlining its services and operations across the Middle East.
- Advising a leading Saudi conglomerate in connection with the development of a real estate project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a UAE-based financial institution as investor in a Real Estate Investment Trust to be listed on a global stock exchange.
- Advising a group of private equity investors active in the healthcare sector on the sale of Wahat Al Aman Home Healthcare.
- Advising a leading global provider of food and beverage concessions at travel locations in its acquisition of a company operating food and beverage outlets in various airports across the GCC.
- Acting for leading utility in the UAE on the development and financing of the Noor Solar Project, at the time the world's largest single-site solar project. The project garnered global recognition & awards (such as IJGlobal Awards 2017 as “MENA Solar Deal of the Year.” Large Scale Solar Project of the Year honours from the Middle East Solar Industry Association and Project Finance International as the “Middle East & Africa Power Deal of the Year”).
- Acting for a power developer in the GCC on its development and investment in power projects in Africa and Asia.
- Advising an international mining company on its joint venture arrangements with a Middle Eastern diversified mining company.
- Advising a major oil and gas exploration, production and development company in its restructuring of operations in the Middle East.