Claire acts in complex commercial litigation including class actions, claims arising out of large corporate insolvency events and alleged market misconduct, and contentious coverage matters. She predominately acts for directors and officers, professionals and insurers in relation to large financial losses. Her disputes experience spans the Federal Court, the Supreme and the District Court of New South Wales.
Claire has also acted for a range of professionals (including solicitors, accountants and financial planners) on professional indemnity matters.
- Acting as part of the defence counsel legal team for a D&O insurer joined as a party to a securities class action in the Federal Court following the collapse of a major ASX200 company.
- Acting as part of the defence counsel legal team for a former CFO of an ASX listed mining company subject to proceedings for breach of directors' duties.
- Advising a resources sector client in relation to property and business interruption losses arising out of a fire event.
- Advising a number of insurer clients in litigious and non-litigious coverage disputes involving issues of correct policy interpretation and non-disclosure, including a high profile dispute in connection with the financial services Royal Commission.
- Assisting insurers on a recovery action in connection with a significant and large-scale product contamination claim relating to crop produce contamination in Australia.
- Defending professional indemnity claims for professionals including solicitors, financial planners, accountants and engineers, with issues of apportionment between multiple parties to the proceedings.