Jeremy Schulze is an insurance coverage litigator with over 15 years representing insurers and brokers. He litigates complex claims arising from first- and third-party coverages in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Jeremy practiced at insurance coverage litigation boutiques in Seattle and Chicago.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan, 2004. Michigan Journal of Law Reform, editor. Best oralist, Campbell Moot Court Competition.
- B.A., University of Illinois, 2001. Dean’s List and Mock Trial Team Captain.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Obtained eight-figure judgment on environmental defense contribution claims on behalf of targeted insurer following first multi-week all-remote civil bench trial in Oregon state court.
- First successful representation of insurer resisting a motion to approve a settlement of claims under Oregon Environmental Claims Assistance Act.
- Obtained complete defense verdict after multi-week trial before a King County jury for insurer and insurance broker defending eight-figure tort/bad faith underinsurance claim.
- Multiple successful settlements of eight-figure claims for defense and indemnity arising from Portland Harbor Superfund Site on behalf of targeted carriers.
- Successful representation of insurers facing large environmental claims at various environmental sites in Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Wisconsin, and elsewhere.
- Successful representation and settlement of insurers in multi-party Washington lawsuits involving insurance coverage for data breach claims.