Lucinda is an experienced litigation lawyer and has been involved, on both the claimant and defendant side, in litigation and mediation across a range of sectors and jurisdictions.
Her practice involves a variety of contentious insurance areas with a focus on property, construction and product liability risks. She has expertise in handling complex matters, providing coverage advice as well as running defences and subrogated recoveries.
Focusing on product liability risks, Lucinda handles claims across a broad range of sectors at both national and international level. This includes the automotive, agricultural & food, construction & engineering, chemical and manufacturing & retail sectors.
While now based in Clyde & Co's Sydney office, Lucinda previously worked in the firm's London office, and has undertaken secondments to the firm's Dubai office. Lucinda is a keen advocate for young insurance professionals and is a committee member of the NSW state branch of AILA. She was previously involved with BILA, the UK equivalent organisation, and was the Vice Chair of the BILA Young Professionals.
- Aspen Insurance UK Ltd v Adana Construction Ltd  EWCA Civ 176 CA (Civ Div) (Gloster LJ, Christopher Clarke LJ, Vos LJ) 05/03/2015
- Aspen Insurance (UK) Ltd v Adana Construction Limited  EWHC 1568 (Comm)
- Greenwich Millennium Village Ltd v Essex Electrical, HS Environmental & Ors  EWHC 3059 (TCC) and (2013) 151 Con LR 1 No. 1
- Reinsurance – Advising reinsurers on coverage for a £12 million claim in respect of losses arising from a fire caused by a defective fridge in South Korea.
- Property – Advising property and business interruption insurers on losses stemming from a large fire to a poultry farm owned by one of the UK's largest poultry producers. Subsequently running a subrogated recovery in respect of sums paid out by insurers.
- Property – Advising insurers on an insured's contractual liability for potential losses following a fire at a cable landing station which resulted in damage to telecommunication cables and trans-Atlantic service disruptions.
- Product Liability – Acting for product liability insurers in respect of a £10 million claim in respect of contaminated food co-products.
- Product Liability – Various subrogated recovery actions against manufacturers of electrical and mechanical products in relation to fire damage sustained by their defective products.
- Product Liability – Advising insurers on coverage and the operation of a global master policy in respect of a claim for USD 500 million for a mass recall of cars which experienced emissions issues caused by a defective sustainable technology component.
- Various claims against contractors for fire damage caused by negligent hot works.