Ola practices civil and commercial litigation at the Vancouver office. Her practice is comprised of construction, insurance defence and commercial disputes.
Called to the Bar in 2015, she was a litigator at another major law firm before she joined Clyde & Co in 2021. Ola has a passion for developing creative case strategies and advocating for her clients. She has appeared at all levels of court in British Columbia and is experienced in conducting trials and in chambers practice.
Ola enjoys being involved in the legal community: she is actively involved in the Canadian Bar Association, including in her role as Chair of the Vancouver Civil Litigation Section of the CBA. She is also a regular contributor to Continuing Legal Education publications.
- Defended a design professional in arbitration regarding a P3 infrastructure project.
- Represented contractors and owners in builders lien actions.
- Defended insurers and insured entities and individuals in actions involving product liability, motor vehicle accidents and slip and falls.
- Negotiated settlements between corporate entities and between former business partners in actions involving breaches of contract and breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Obtained a preservation order regarding the central asset at issue between two parties who had been defrauded by a third party.
- Conducted a trial on behalf of an insured client in a personal injury action, in which she obtained a finding of 25% contributory negligence against the plaintiff, and successfully defended against the plaintiff’s claims resulting in a total damages award of approximately 20% of the amount sought by the plaintiff at trial (Johnson v. Avis Rent a Car, 2021 BCSC 1081).
- Author, Continuing Legal Education’s Annotated Family Practice, 2019, 2020 and 2021 editions
- Author, “Insurance Act Appraisals – A Court’s Guide on Mechanics”, December 18, 2020, Published in BC Broker Magazine December 2020 edition and Mondaq.com
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association Civil Litigation (Vancouver) Section
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Simon Fraser University, Bachelor of Arts – Political Science (2010)
- University of Victoria, Juris Doctor (2013)