Graeme has been a partner at Clyde & Co since 2003 having previously worked at Gouldens (now Jones Day).
He advises on all aspects of commercial property working alongside a wide range of global clients from public limited companies to private developers and high net worth individuals on all real estate related matters including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant work, development projects and joint ventures.
Over the past few years, he has been primarily involved in the development of mixed-use logistic projects from “cradle to grave” working closely with his colleagues in the planning, financing and construction teams at Clyde & Co.
The team is led by Graeme Taylor who is highly experienced, personal and extremely approachable. Annabelle Redman mirrors these qualities and is always able to provide speedy and practicable solutions and advice. For both, the commercial imperative is all-important, and I value this most highly.
Legal 500 UK 2022.
- Advising on the development of a mixed-use scheme totalling over 1 million square feet for industrial/logistics/trade park/office/hotel and car showrooms. The client forward funded over 50% of the development with a major UK pension fund (including the construction of a Global Technology Centre for GKN Aerospace) and has built out the rest of the estate itself.
- Acting for a joint venture on the acquisition of a former chemical plant which now has planning consent for a new industrial/distribution park comprising a total of nearly 1.5 million square feet on 94 acres. We have advised on all aspects of the project to date including planning, grant funding from the County Council and Local Enterprise Partnerships and financing to facilitate the initial infrastructure works.
- Advising a joint venture vehicle on all legal and planning aspects of the Thames Enterprise Park, one of the largest regeneration projects in Europe with a proposed developable area of up to 480,000 sq m for food hubs, energy centres, sustainable industries and amenities hub.
- Acting for two insurance companies taking floors at the new 22 Bishopsgate development in London. This prestigious new development is the most technologically advanced office building to date and includes a number of occupier facilities, such as a business club, spa retreat, gym and food market. He also assisted with the disposal or surrender of the clients’ existing premises.
- Advising an overseas investor on its acquisition of a portfolio of over 150 public houses across the UK.
- The acquisition of residential development site in a prominent area of north London involving a development agreement with the seller to construct a building for sheltered and extra care housing on the Sellers adjoining land. The Development consists of 282 homes split between a 12-storey block of 112 flats and a 14-storey tower of 170 homes with 153 affordable homes.