Joshua (Josh) Tumen is a member of the firm’s Specialty and Investigations team. Josh represents international and domestic insurers in complex commercial litigation and insurance coverage matters. His practice focuses on a variety of specialty lines including fine art, jewelry, specie, and high value cargo. Josh advises clients in all phases of civil litigation in state and federal court in connection with multi-jurisdictional disputes.
Josh’s defense litigation experience includes his representation of corporations, financial institutions, and insurance companies in matters including complex litigation, contract disputes, business tort claims, and premises liability.
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, 2015
- B.A., University of Delaware, 2011
- Advised insurers regarding investigation into large scale fire loss at manufacturing facility.
- Litigated liability and coverage issues arising out of burglary of safe deposit boxes.
- Defended health care corporation against alleged breaches of contract and implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- Represented fine arts service against claims arising out of alleged damage to delivered artwork.
- Handles first-party claims for both domestic and foreign insurers in a wide variety of specialty, property, and marine contexts.
- Represented international bank in a variety of complex premises liability, labor law, business torts, and breach of contract matters.
- Represented insurers concerning fraudulent insurance claims.
- Defended board member against claims of fraud and fiduciary duty.