Zoe has extensive experience advising airlines, owners, lenders and lessors on a wide variety of cross-border aviation financing, leasing and trading transactions in both the commercial and business aviation sector.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Zoe worked for a leading international aircraft leasing company. She also spent five years working for a leading international airline based in the UAE. Zoe trained and spent a number of years working at a top aviation law firm in London, Paris and Hong Kong.
Zoe graduated from the University of Oxford and qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2007.
- Advising a major international operating lessor on a wide variety of transactions including lease agreements, aircraft financing, aircraft and engine sale agreements, lease novations and assignments, insurance-related matters, aircraft consignments and technical services contracts.
- Advising a leading international airline on multiple finance and operating leases of Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft, involving a wide variety of funding sources (including ECAs, capital markets, Islamic finance and syndicated debt finance).
- Advising owners and operators in numerous business jet transactions involving sales, purchases, financings (including PDP financings).
- Advising on a number of lease restructuring deals including lease amendments, restructuring and rental forbearance agreements, lease termination and settlement agreements.
- Advising on the first Middle East issuance of Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates for the financing of four A380s, awarded “Aviation 100 Deal of the Year” by Airline Economics Journal.
- Advising on the world’s first sukuk financing guaranteed by the Export Credits Guarantee Department of the UK Government to raise USD 1 billion for the purchase of four Airbus A380s.
- Advising a low-cost carrier on its first JOLCO transaction.
- Advising an airline group on the purchase and trade-in of a pool of aircraft.