Johannes is a senior associate in our Projects & Construction team. He joined our Johannesburg office in April 2022. He qualified as an attorney in 2014.
Johannes has particular experience in dispute resolution in the construction industry.
Johannes frequently acts in adjudication and arbitration disputes for client.
- Acted against a large insurance company on a construction guarantee to recover an amount of ZAR 32 million.
- Acted for a construction company against a state entity in adjudication proceedings based in relation to rejected extension of time claims based on the FIDIC Red Book.
- Acted for a state entity in arbitration proceedings to defend the construction company’s claims on a final account.
- Acted for a construction company against a state entity to enforce an adjudication award of 14 million rand in the High Court based on the GCC 3RD Edition 2015.
- Acted for a construction company against a stated entity to enforce payment of the final payment certificate of ZAR 18 million in the High Court based on the FIDIC Yellow Book.
- Acted for a developer against a construction company in arbitration proceedings to defend extension of time claims.