Tabitta specialises in dispute resolution, in particular in the areas of Insurance and Professional Disputes. She advises on all aspects of professional negligence defence work, where her main specialism is accountants', auditors' and solicitors' PI. She also has wide experience (both in the English courts and in arbitration) of insurance coverage disputes, including in the classes of Professional Indemnity, D&O, Energy, Property and Product Liability. She further advises on the regulatory aspects of the insurance sector.
Tabitta holds a Dutch law degree and is a native speaker of Dutch. As such, she assists clients to identify the most suitable way of dealing with their Dutch-related matters. In appropriate cases, especially where the matter involves a mix of Dutch and English legal issues and/or procedures, she will work closely with the Dutch legal team to ensure seamless advice to the client.
- Acting for the defendant in the Commercial Court case of Maritech Resources Inc. v Ironshore Insurance Limited, an insurance coverage dispute involving hurricane damage caused to offshore oil and gas properties in the Gulf of Mexico
- Acting for charterers on a charterparty dispute involving a vessel performing work on a gas pipeline in Indonesia
- Acting for the successful claimants in the Commercial Court case of (1) Beazley Underwriting Limited (2) Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe Limited v the Travelers Companies Incorporated  EWHC 1520 (Comm)
- Acting for insurers of an excess liability policy in relation to alleged medical malpractice in the United States (arbitration)
- Acting for insurers of D&O policies in arbitration proceedings on shareholder claims in the United States for insider trading/fraud
- Successfully defending the defendants in the professional negligence case of Football League Limited v edge ellison (defendant/Part 20 Claimant) & (1) Active Rights Management Ltd (2) Clive Stephen Townley (Part 20 Defendants)  EWHC 1462 (Ch)
- Advising French insurers on a coverage dispute involving an allrisk property insurance policy
- Acting for the insured in relation to a claim under a nonappearance and cancellation insurance policy
- Acting for the reinsured on various aviation reinsurance disputes involving international reinsurers
- Acting for a multinational energy company on a breach of contract claim relating to a power plant operation and management agreement