Chris specialises in intellectual property disputes including trade mark, design rights, copyright, confidential information, trade secrets, passing off, parallel imports and patent ownership in addition to contractual disputes with an intellectual property aspect.
Chris' clients are predominantly technology-focused and innovative, continually seeking to develop, exploit and enforce their IP rights. Chris is experienced in running and coordinating litigation across several jurisdictions and regularly applies for and defends urgent court applications including applications for injunctive relief. Chris also provides reputational advice to brand owners in the event of a crisis.
Predominantly undertaking work in the High Court, Chris has a wealth of experience across all sectors from healthcare to retail.
- Advising numerous clients in the shipping industry on various intellectual property matters including registered and unregistered design rights
- Representing an e-commerce platform in a full range of intellectual property and domain name disputes
- Acting for several banks in various IP matters including the misuse of confidential information by contractors, domain name disputes, trade mark oppositions and trade mark infringement actions.
- Representing a university spin-out in a dispute concerning patent ownership and copyright.
- Successfully defending a software company in a dispute concerning the alleged misuse of confidential information, trade secrets and copyright
- Acting for an airline in a number of trade mark and confidential information cases
- Bringing and defending copyright and design right actions on behalf of a fashion designer
- Acting for a US-based technology client in complex multi-level trade mark opposition proceedings involving overlapping UK and EU cases
- Representing a client within the cosmetic beauty industry in a range of trade mark and copyright matters including ensuring the withdrawal of competitors' trade mark applications
- Successfully secured the invalidation of a range of competitors trade marks on behalf of a client in the cosmetic dental industry
- Acting for a software developer in a complex copyright infringement, breach of contract and confidential information claim which resulted in a lengthy trial in the Chancery Division of the High Court