Tom is an Associate in our Project & Construction team specialising in Dispute Resolution. He has a wealth of experience working on commercial and construction disputes, advising on dispute avoidance, adjudication, litigation, mediation and expert determination.
He predominantly advises employers, developers, sub-contractors and suppliers across the industry, with a particular interest in IChemE, JCT, NEC and bespoke forms of contract. He advises clients on payment issues, defects, delay and disruption, loss and expense, variations, extension of time, termination, breach of contract and professional negligence.
- Advising a main contractor client on a £150 million termination dispute in relation to a gasification process plant.
- Acted for a major developer in the Technology and Construction Court in relation to historical cladding and related defect issues.
- Provided strategic advice to a contractor in respect of a subcontractor’s claim for rectification of a subcontract.
- Advised an employer in respect of a claim against the guarantor of an insolvent contractor’s liabilities under a parent company guarantee, arising from a multi-million-pound project.
- Advised the supplier of topsoil on a defence and counterclaim, brought by a subcontractor, in respect of alleged non-compliance with strict specification requirements for the purposes of constructing a golf course.
- Provided advice to clients on a range of claims against construction professionals, including surveyors, structural engineers and project managers / Architects.
- Advised the supplier of construction materials for a major project in which multiple (late) variations to a supply contract resulted in substantial wastage costs.