Laura Bochkoltz, an expert witness physiotherapist focusing on spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions, joins us to discuss the importance of rehabilitation to maximise the independence of the individual post spinal cord injury. Laura will consider the use of new technology (FES and Exoskeletons) and specialised modality (aquatic therapy) in that process.
This session is part of our unique series of complex casualty and catastrophic injury round table sessions where members of the London casualty team and leading industry-renowned, subject matter experts provide a practical overview of a different specialist topic in this area.
We'll discuss the latest thinking, clinical studies and other developments in these specialist fields, with a focus on the implication for insurers and claims.
Other sessions in the series include:
- Defending brain injury claims – 20th November 2019, 12.30 – 2.00pm
- Accommodation claims – a review of the law – 11th December 2019, 4.00 – 5.30pm
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation – 15th January 2020, 12.30 – 2.00pm
- The changing scope of motor insurance – 26th February 2020, 4.00 – 5.30pm
- Prosthetics – a practical guide – 11th March 2020, 12.30 – 2.00pm
- Maximising statutory funding in catastrophic injury claims – 14th April 2020, 12.30 – 2.00pm
- The horizon for catastrophic claims handling – 20th May 2020, 4.00 – 5.30pm