Alfred (Al) Warrington represents domestic and international insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries in a wide range of matters. He has served as litigation counsel in disputes involving aviation, construction defect, environmental, errors and omission, marine, inland marine and bad faith claims. Practicing insurance law for more than 25 years, he regularly advises clients on coverage and topical issues concerning the insurance community. He has twice been seconded to work in the London insurance market.
Al also has served as national coverage counsel for a major US marine and inland marine insurer. In this capacity, he:
- Provides coverage advice, including coverage opinions and position letters, on claims throughout the country.
- Represents the insurer in pre-suit mediations nationwide.
- Monitors litigation against its insureds in other states.
- Serves as litigation counsel for coverage matters in Florida (examples of this work include declaratory judgment actions, appraisal actions, recovery actions, etc.).
- Participates as a subject matter expert in coverage roundtables and provides continuing education training on current legal trends and industry developments.
- Assists in drafting policy language to meet product goals.
- US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., University of Florida, 1985
- M.A., King's College London, 1999
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, 1982
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Council on Litigation Management
- The Florida Bar