Andre specialises in a full suite of advisory and contentious financial regulatory matters, including advising on licensing, supervisory, and enforcement matters. Andre gained much sought-after intimate insider knowledge of regulatory processes and policies, having been a legal counsel at the Dubai Financial Services Authority, where he was involved in the drafting of amendments to legislation, and in enforcement matters including a landmark enforcement case.
Following his return to private practice, Andre regularly advises major international financial institutions on the full spectrum of financial regulatory matters. Andre has a keen interest in all things FinTech, having acted as a panel judge at one of the earliest local FinTech awards program, and advised clients on asset "tokenization" and initial token offers. Andre also regularly advises on a range of relevant issues such as anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and data protection.
Andre's Arabic fluency, combined with his mixed civil law and common law background, enables him to seamlessly advise on local original Arabic legislation and regulations, with limited reliance on English translations. This also allows effective communication with local authorities and clients alike, and reflects a deep understanding of the local culture and legal lore.
- Data Protection & Privacy: Regulatory & Investigations
- Regulatory & Investigations: Data Protection
- Regulatory & Investigations: Financial Services & Insurance
- Regulatory & Investigations: Fraud & White-Collar Crime
- Regulatory & Investigations: Investigations, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Compliance
- Regulatory & Investigations: Sanctions