Athol's primary area of interest for the last decade has been in the field of medical negligence. In this capacity he has represented hundreds of medical and related practitioners in relation to all aspects of professional practice, including claims, disciplinary proceedings, inquests and professional conduct matters.
Athol also has considerable general litigation and advisory experience across most sectors. This is particularly so in relation to the oil and petroleum industry. In recent years Athol has also provided litigation advice to clients engaged in the growing sustainable energy generation sector in South Africa. In addition to this Athol has acted in disputes arising in the tourism sector, between hotel operators and owners and leisure activity operators and their customers. Athol has also represented contractors and employers in construction industry disputes.
Aside from his general corporate and commercial litigation practice, Athol has litigated and provided advice in the area of sports and entertainment law to top international and local acts and sports stars, authors, film producers and musicians.
Athol obtained a BA LLB from the University of Cape Town and was admitted as an Attorney in the Supreme Court of South Africa in 1995.
- Healthcare: Corporate & Commercial
- Healthcare: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Healthcare: Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Healthcare: Insurance
- Healthcare: Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Healthcare: Private Healthcare
- Healthcare: Public Sector
- Healthcare: Regulatory & Investigations
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury: Catastrophic Injury
- Personal Injury: Employers’ and Public Liability
- Personal Injury: Legacy Claims
- Specialty: Accident & Health