Barry Davis has more than 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer in high exposure, complex litigation. He has acted as lead counsel in more than 50 trials and handled thousands of high-profile civil litigation matters. Among them are product liability cases across a broad range of sectors, including industrial, medical/pharmaceutical and consumer products, as well as cases involving construction, insurance bad faith, IP and fraud. Barry also acts on behalf of insurers and Fortune 500 companies in class action and MDL litigation. He currently serves as General Counsel for the US subsidiary of one of the largest construction companies in the world.
Barry is one of a distinct group of Florida lawyers to be certified by The Florida Bar as a civil trial lawyer. He is regularly recognized by legal industry publications, such as Super Lawyers, and holds an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Barry spent three years as an adjunct law professor at St. Thomas University School of Law, where he taught classes in products liability and settlement negotiation, and coached the trial team.
Barry is the managing partner of Clyde & Co’s Miami office and a member of the firm’s US Management Board.
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- All US District Courts in Florida
- All Florida state courts
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, 1979
- B.S., University of Florida, 1976. Florida Blue Key. President of the Tau Epsilon Phi fraternity
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Trial Academy Faculty
- Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)