Bruce Celebrezze has been practicing in the field of insurance law for virtually his entire legal career. As one of the country’s leading insurance industry litigators, he has represented a wide variety of international, national and regional insurers. In addition, Bruce lectures and is widely published as a leading authority in the field.
Bruce is exceptionally well regarded by his peers and the wider market, with a national practice that focuses on complex general liability, including personal and advertising injury, first-party property (including business interruption), excess and specialty lines. He also spends a substantial portion of his practice handling commercial disputes for insurers.
Bruce has received many honors and recognitions for his insurance work and excellence. He served as President of the prestigious American College of Coverage Counsel. Bruce has been recognized by the preeminent legal directory Chambers USA as a leader in insurance with a Band 1 ranking. His peers describe him as "extremely knowledgeable, capable and commercially astute" and as an attorney who "would be on any insurer’s list." Other client quotes in past Chambers rankings include, "he is incredibly responsive, as smart as they come and exceptionally skilled in this area of the law", "a very hard-working, thoughtful, 'never say die' kind of guy", "an incredible lawyer" who is "incredibly smart" and "very self-aware."
Bruce is also recognized as "a great trial lawyer" who is "well known in the industry" for his insurance litigation. Bruce combines "good instincts with a real understanding of insurer and policyholder concerns."
Bruce has been recognized by Benchmark Litigation as a "Local Litigation Star," and consecutively nominated by Who's Who Legal as a "Thought Leader – Insurance & Reinsurance," (2019-current). He is highlighted by Benchmark Litigation for being one of the preeminent litigation practitioners in the US, and a leader in his field: "Bruce Celebrezze is revered as a leading practitioner and has represented numerous top insurance companies in their most high-stakes litigation." Bruce has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2010-2020; Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance, 2014-2020; and Insurance and Reinsurance: Expert Guide, world-leading lawyer, 2012-2016.
- US District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1979
- A.B., with high honors, University of Notre Dame, 1976
- American College of Coverage Counsel (ACCC)
- Former Board of Regents and Executive Committee, former President
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Senior Director
- Former Executive Committee
- Former Litigation Management College Graduate Program, Dean
- Insurance Coverage Section, former Chair
- Defense Research Institute
- St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland, Ohio
- President’s Visiting Committee, Chair
- Mechanics’ Institute in San Francisco
- Board of Trustees, 2000-2016
- Former President
- City and County of San Francisco
- Civil grand jury member, 1996-1997