Cary Economou focuses her practice on serving as coverage and litigation counsel to domestic and international insurance carriers in matters pertaining to various forms of professional liability coverage, including directors' & officers' (D&O), errors & omissions (E&O), financial services, fiduciary and employment practices liability (EPL). She counsels carriers on claims arising from securities class actions, FINRA disputes, derivative litigation, and employment practices related litigation in state and federal courts around the country. Cary also monitors litigation on behalf of insurers and participates in early settlement efforts.
Cary defends carriers when sued by insureds and/or other parties. Once litigation has commenced, she represents clients through all stages of the lawsuit, including appeals. Cary also has extensive experience resolving insurance coverage disputes through mediation and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
Cary also provides in-house seminars and reference materials on claims, underwriting, and relevant topical issues of concern to the insurance community.
- US District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- US District Courts for the Districts of Eastern, Central, Northern and Southern California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Not admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, but is being supervised by a licensed member of the D.C. bar
- J.D., cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., with honors, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997