Clinton (Clint) Cameron focuses his practice on insurance and commercial litigation matters. In the insurance area, Clint has been involved in litigating coverage disputes involving mass tort, environmental, product liability and bad faith claims. Several of those matters have involved the effect of bankruptcy proceedings on coverage for claims against debtors in bankruptcy. Many of the “long tail” claims disputes he has handled have involved complex issues of corporate history and successor liability. He has extensive experience in quantitative analysis of damages, insurance allocation and claims projection. In addition to litigated matters, Clint has been involved in the negotiation and arbitration of numerous claims disputes.
In the areas of commercial litigation, Clint has handled matters involving commercial torts and complex contractual disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. He has litigated disputes related to energy contracts, corporate control transactions, corporate indemnity agreements and covenants not to compete, among others. He has also defended professionals against malpractice and fraud claims.
Clint has been recognized by Chambers USA, Super Lawyers and other legal services rankings as a top lawyer for insurance disputes and business litigation.
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- J.D., University of Michigan, 1991
- Sloan Fellow, University of London, 1999
- A.B., with distinction, University of Michigan, 1988
- Chicago Bar Association