Clinton (Clint) Cameron focuses his practice on insurance and commercial litigation matters. In the insurance area, Clint has been involved in litigating coverage disputes involving mass tort, environmental, product liability and bad faith claims. Several of those matters have involved the effect of bankruptcy proceedings on coverage for claims against debtors in bankruptcy. Many of the “long tail” claims disputes he has handled have involved complex issues of corporate history and successor liability. He has extensive experience in quantitative analysis of damages, insurance allocation and claims projection. In addition to litigated matters, Clint has been involved in the negotiation and arbitration of numerous claims disputes.
In the areas of commercial litigation, Clint has handled matters involving commercial torts and complex contractual disputes on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. He has litigated disputes related to energy contracts, corporate control transactions, corporate indemnity agreements and covenants not to compete, among others. He has also defended professionals against malpractice and fraud claims.
Clint has been recognized by Chambers USA, Super Lawyers and other legal services rankings as a top lawyer for insurance disputes and business litigation.
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- US Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Ninth Circuits
- J.D., University of Michigan, 1991
- Sloan Fellow, University of London, 1999
- A.B., with distinction, University of Michigan, 1988
- Chicago Bar Association