Conte Cicala focuses his practice on litigating maritime, transportation, commercial and insurance disputes, and on providing corporate and business legal advice to transportation companies.
He has first-chair experience representing his clients at trial, arbitration and before government agencies and boards. He has also counseled companies during merger discussions, government investigations, major contract negotiations, labor disputes, expansion into new modes of carriage and at other key junctures.
Conte sat on the Board of Directors of an international shipping line for almost a decade.
He also served as a US Army Reserve officer for 15 years, much of which was spent with Transportation and JAG units.
For nearly a decade, Conte has been regularly recognized in legal and trade publications for his work in the transportation and maritime law fields.
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court for the District of Hawaii
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1994. Senior Articles Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal and recipient of A.B.A. Award for Excellence in Local Government Law.
- B.A., English, Yale University, 1990
- Maritime Law Association, Board of Directors and Proctor Member
- Pacific Admiralty Seminar, Board of Directors and Past Seminar Chair
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Kentfield Schools Foundation, Past Member, Board of Directors (2013-2016)