Curtis Parvin focuses his practice on business, transportation, products liability, professional liability, environmental litigation and the defense of serious personal injury cases. He also has substantial experience handling appellate matters, including cases before the California Courts of Appeal, the California Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Curtis has considerable trial experience. His most notable victories to date include a commercial construction defect case on behalf of a Fortune 50 company where he obtained judgments and settlements for the client exceeding USD 11.2 million, and the defense of a mass products liability case which was chosen as one of the year’s Top Ten Defense Verdicts by the Daily Journal.
In October 2016, Curtis was elected to membership into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) by the ABOTA National Board of Directors.
Curtis is AV Preeminent® certified by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system. He was also selected as one of the Top Attorneys in Orange County by Orange Coast Magazine in 2010. Curtis was recognized by Super Lawyers for Business Litigation from 2007−2010 and was listed in Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition in 2008 and 2009.
- US District Court for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law, 1984
- B.S., University of California at Irvine, 1980
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section: former chair, committee chair, statewide programming chair, executive committee member, officer, advisor and representative