David who joined the Paris office of Clyde & Co in 2010 has a wide range of experience of international construction and dispute resolution matters on all five continents, in many sectors of the energy, infrastructure and utilities industries.
David’s dispute resolution experience notably involves international arbitration (particularly under the ICC Rules), as both counsel and arbitrator, concerning a broad range of commercial matters in addition to construction. He is also very active in Dispute Board proceedings, as well as a regular speaker on international construction and dispute resolution subjects in Europe and further afield.
He features on the FIDIC President's List of Adjudicators, as well as the FIDIC French national list.
David is listed as a leading construction lawyer in Who's Who Legal, and as one of the top three specialists in France. He is recommended for Dispute Resolution in the European Network of Legal Experts, and also features as a recommended practitioner in the PLC Cross-Border Construction and Projects Handbook for high-end international projects.
He is a regular speaker at international construction/dispute resolution events:
- Numerous Dispute Board conferences including the most recent European regional conference held in Sofia, Bulgaria in November 2016;
- Various FIDIC User's conferences and workshops, including events in Abu Dhabi, London, Dubai, Washington DC and Kuala Lumpur;
- Numerous joint FIDIC/ICC construction dispute conferences including the latest event held in Delhi in June 2017;
- Cambridge International Construction Summer School – annually since 2014 (chairman / speaker role);
- Society for Construction Law international conference in Sao Paolo, September 2016.
- Council Member, ICC World Business Law Institute
- Board Member of the International Construction Law Association
Numerous publications with respect to international arbitration and project disputes, including;
- 'Enforcement of DAB decisions: a fresh approach to Clause 20 of the 1999 FIDIC Conditions of Contract', International Construction Law Review, January 2012.
- 'What steps should arbitrators take to limit the cost of arbitration?' Journal of International Arbitration, August 2014.
- Chapter on Interim Relief in Construction Arbitration (jointly with Peter Hirst) for The GAR Guide to Construction Arbitration, 2017.