Diego joined Clyde & Co in 2014, as part of the team in charge of the launching of the Aviation Department of our Madrid office. After joining the firm, Diego has defended the interests of the insurers (and insured parties) in three major losses occured in Spain since then (before the judicial and civil ICAO Annex 13 and military investigative authorities). In 2017, Diego became a qualified Air Accident and Incident Investigator by the Polytechnic University of Madrid.
Additionally, Diego acts for airlines managing the team of our Madrid office in charge of the defence of thousands of claims brought by passengers under international regulations (in particular Regulation CE 261/2004) through the use of an innovative tool developed by our IT team for the Spanish jurisdiction. He also defends our clients in administrative proceedings initiated by AESA and other public authorities.
Before joining our firm, Diego defended the interests of the airline Spanair and its Insurers in the accident occurred at the Airport of Barajas in 2008, and of the train operator Renfe and their Insurers in the accident occurred in Santiago de Compostela in 2013.
- Madrid Bar Association
- Aviation & Space
- Aviation: Aviation Liability & Insurance
- Aviation: Aviation Support Services
- Aviation: Commercial Aviation
- Aviation: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Aviation: General Aviation
- Aviation: Regulatory & Investigations
- Employment Practices Liability
- Industrials: Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Personal Injury
- Personal Injury: Catastrophic Injury
- Personal Injury: Motor