Daniel Kassing has extensive experience in handling major domestic and cross-border claims, especially in the financial lines as well as product liability and property matters. He frequently acts as monitoring and coverage counsel for insurers and as defence counsel for their insureds.
In addition to his claims practise, he regularly advises his clients from the insurance industry on the structuring of insurance programmes, new product development as wells as distribution, supervisory and other legal issues.
While working as research assistant at a chair of the University of Bielefeld focussing on insurance law he earned his doctorate in liability insurance law. Over the years, Daniel has been a secondee to claims departments of insurers and he therefore knows the standards and requirements of this industry sector. He is regularly recognized by legal industry publications and as lecturer at conferences. He holds the titles "Master of Insurance Law (LL.M.)" and "Attorney specialising in Insurance Law".
- German legal studies at the University of Bielefeld
- European legal studies the University of Basel
- Research Assistant at a chair of the University of Bielefeld focussing on insurance law
- Dissertation on liability insurance law with Professor Dr. Staudinger, University of Bielefeld
- Postgraduate studies of insurance law at the University of Münster