Daniel Kassing advises in most areas of insurance contract law. He has extensive experience as monitoring counsel in a wide variety of claims and in the fields of litigation on behalf of insurers as coverage counsel. He also acts as defence counsel regarding major liability claims.
Daniel has a particular expertise in financial lines (D&O, E&O, PI, FI) as well as product liability, property and legal expenses insurance. His further practice includes advising on new product development, drafting and structuring of insurance programmes and supporting legal counsels of insurers with regard to the whole spread of their operations.
Over the years, Daniel has undertaken secondments with claims departments of insurers. He is regularly recognized as lecturer and by numerous legal industry publications. He holds a Master of Insurance Law (LL.M.) and is certified by the bar association of Düsseldorf as an attorney specialising in insurance law.
- German legal studies at the University of Bielefeld
- European legal studies the University of Basel
- Research Assistant at a chair of the University of Bielefeld focussing on insurance law
- Dissertation on liability insurance law with Professor Dr. Staudinger, University of Bielefeld
- Postgraduate studies of insurance law at the University of Münster