Michael Pocsay advises and represents international and domestic clients in a wide array of commercial and corporate disputes. He has extensive experience in international arbitration proceedings under the rules of several arbitration institutions (e.g. ICC, DIS, FAI) in various countries and different legal systems. His experience comprises ad hoc arbitration, domestic and cross-border litigation as well as alternative methods of dispute resolution, such as dispute adjudication proceedings.
Michael’s key areas of focus are post-M&A and shareholder disputes as well as disputes in the fields of international trade, construction law, natural resources, energy and infrastructure. His practice also includes disputes relating to foreign trade regulations and restrictions.
Michael’s expertise further encompasses the enforcement of foreign judgements and arbitration awards as well as the defence against enforcement measures in Germany.
Before joining Clyde & Co. in 2018, he worked in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group of a renowned German law firm. He holds a LL.M. degree from the University of Johannesburg as well as a Doctor of Law degree from Saarland University.
- German legal studies at Saarland University
- Dissertation on anti-trust law in international arbitration with Prof. Dr. iur. Dr. rer. publ. Dr. h.c. mult. Michael Martinek, Saarland University
- Master of Law in Private International Law at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Legal traineeship in Wuppertal, Düsseldorf, Cape Town and Johannesburg
- DIS 40 - Deutsche Initiative junger Schiedsrechtler
- Deutsch-Südafrikanische Juristenvereinigung e.V. / German-South African Lawyers Association