Frances Keeler acts primarily on behalf of multinational industrial, energy and shipping companies. Frances' practice involves the full range of contentious and regulatory environmental issues.
Frances represents clients before various regulatory entities including local and regional air pollution contral agencies, the California Air Resource Board and U.S Environmental Protection Agency on rule development, compliance issues, and state and federal Clean Air Acts. She has substantial experience with respect to Title V compliance and equipment permitting, and closely follows and advises on emerging issues relating to credit trading and global climate change.
Frances also advises on development projects regarding permitting and compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and defends legal challenges to the environmental analyses. Frances conducts facility environmental compliance audits in support of corporate safety and governance programs, due diligence and court imposed compliance programs. She has more than 30 years of experience in the field of air quality management having worked previously as a field inspector, staff specialist and eventually as Senior Counsel to the South Coast Air Quality Management District.
Frances frequently presents at national and international seminars and client trade associations on various environmental topics.
- J.D., Western State University, College of Law, 1987
- B.S., Chemistry, California State College, San Bernardino, 1982
- Board member and Governance Committee Chair - California Maritime Academy Foundation
- President of the Board - FuturePorts
- Board member - Women's International Shipping and Trading Association, USA
- Board member - Harbor Association of Industry & Commerce
- California State Bar Association Environmental Law Section
- American Association of Blacks in Energy
- California State University
- Secretary/Treasurer of the Board - Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce
- Board Member - International Trade Education Program
- Co-Chair - Energy & Environment Committee of BizFed, the Los Angeles County Business Federation
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Propeller Club of Los Angeles-Long Beach