Many important actors of the chemical, energy, shipbuilding or rail transportation industry have sought Gildas’ expertise.
As a renowned professional in insurance litigation, he regularly advises insurers and has acknowledged skills in risk analysis, which leads him to represent several companies in disputes brought before ordinary courts or arbitral tribunals. Such disputes relate to industrial risks, property and casualty and credit insurance.
Gildas also advises several shipowners both in the drafting of agreements and in the handling of maritime casualties.
Gildas also advises and represents reinsurers on matters relating to the interpretation of French policies, as well as before arbitral tribunals.
Gildas has a Doctorate in Law. His expertise in insurance law is recognised by Who’s Who Legal, Chambers and Legal 500.
- Association Française de Droit Maritime
- Association des Docteurs en Droit
- PHD Thesis: "plateformes de forage et assurance" 1987 (“drilling platforms and insurance”)
- Réassurance "Back to back", retour à l'orthodoxie?, Décideurs Juridiques, 2008 (“Back to back reinsurance, back to orthodoxy?”)
- La notion d'évènement en réassurance excess of loss, Magazine Décideurs, 2012 ("The notion of event in excess of loss reinsurance”)
Languages: French, English